Thursday, April 15, 2010

Connor is ONE!!!!

Connor Lee Albright

Daddy & Connor
Mommy & Connor

One year ago today I was preparing for the birth of Connor... Ronnie and I made sure all our bags were packed to go to the hospital, cleaned up the house, and loved on our puppies. I even remember us having the conversation that it was our last evening alone and just a married couple... the next day we were officially going to be parents! (That's a terrifying and exhilarating thought!) Its just amazing to think that exactly 1 year ago today we were a family of 2 and that the next day was going to change our lives forever.

The past year has been the most amazing, exciting, thrilling, and exhausting that we've ever had! There are no words to explain just how happy we are to have Connor in our lives and we love him more than he will ever understand. I hope and pray that we are doing and being the best parents in the world for you. And I am thankful that you are such a wonderful little boy!

When I try to think about what stands out the most in my mind from the past year... there are TONS of little moments. The moment Connor was born, holding him for the first time & Ronnie's reaction & tears. Bringing him home from the hospital. Learning to cope on so little sleep, mastering the art of onesies (Yes, it's seriously an art when you have a wiggly baby!), poopie diapers that smell, well, lets just say they are STINKY! Connor's first smiles and coo's and giggles and laughs. :-) Learning to roll over (at the lake), learning to crawl (at StrollerFit), and most recently, learning to walk (at home)! Pushing his lion around the house, playing his baby piano while dancing at Nana/Pawpaw's house. Getting to meet his cousin Kaia for the first time... and then later trying to poke her eyeball out. (Opps!) The way Connor loves on Laila & trying to love on Bailey -- who's not quite as social but tolorates his torture pretty well. BATH TIME!!! Swinging on the patio, swimming at Auntie Roo & Uncle Owls house. You're obsession with the kitty, the angel, and bubbles! :-) Not to mention all the wonderful moments in between -- even the fussy ones! One of my favorite moments is Connor's HUGE smile in the morning when I get him out of his crib! Ronnie's is when we are all curled up snuggling in bed at the end of the day (before C goes to sleep in his room). We have loved every last moment of it!

Connor -- you are our "very-most favoritest" baby boy in the whole-widest-world! I hope you grow up knowing that you are loved by so many people in your life and that we all want nothing but the best for you!! HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY!!!

We love you!

Mommy & Daddy

And on a side note, thank you for all the love that Connor has been blessed with from our family and friends! We love you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment