
Last weekend, Ronnie & I took Connor on his very first trip to the Pumpkin Farm! Some of my StrollerFit mommy friends had gone the weekend before and had a good time, but we couldn't make it since we were up at the lake for Ronnie's fishing trip (more on that later). So, we woke up somewhat early on Saturday, feed Connor, mommy, & daddy (so no one would get hungry/cranky) and loaded into the car. The pumpkin farm is not actually all that far from us. It is in Celina -- about 20 minutes away. We got there not long after they opened and there were already tons of people! Our admission ($7/each, Connor was free) included entrance to the farm, a cup of animal feed and a hotdog for each of us. The farm had goats, sheep, some Texas Longhorns (BEVO!!! -- this was the day of the TX/OU game so there were lots of kiddos wearing orange & supporting the Longhorns).

The farm also had donkey that Ronnie made friends with, a bounce house and a huge blow-up slide for the kiddos. And lots of PUMPKINS!!!


We had a great time at the pumpkin farm (although Connor wasn't too interested in smiling at the camera -- but he was VERY interested in the pumpkins!) After C started to get tired, we headed home to watch the TX/OU game (Hook 'Em Horns --- just for Auntie Roo.) Later that afternoon I had Ronnie pull down some of our Halloween decorations/costumes so I could put a little up. We have a LOT of decorations but I didn't want to go all out since we are not planning on being home that night. Anyways, I decided to go through our costume box to see what all we had and I came across a bunch of silly wigs & hats. Well of course I couldn't pass up the "kodak" moment to try them on Connor. :-) My favorite is the purple pimp hat! (This also includes the pumpkin patch pictures.)
On a different note, and like I mentioned above, we went to the lake the weekend before. Ronnie, his dad (aka: PawPaw), Gary, & Alan went on a guided fishing trip on Lake Texoma. They boys had a great time and caught the limit, but it was quite chilly that day!

And since the boys got to go play Saturday morning, when they got back the girls (Fredia, Denise, & I) went up to Oklahoma and "donated" to the casino. Well, Denise came back with some winnings, but not Fredia or me. :-( But we had fun so I was okay. When we got back, Ronnie made a fire on the patio so we just relaxed and enjoyed the cold air with the warm fire. Connor even enjoyed staring at the fire. By the way, the cute red hat that Connor has on -- Ronnie's grandmother made that for him when he was born and Fredia kept it for when Ronnie had a baby. Isn't it cute? And I love that it was baby Ronnie's!
On Sunday when we got back from the lake, I went to my friend from high school, Kristen's, baby shower. Of course some of the 'high school' girls were there. It was great getting to see everyone one and to celebrate Kristen's soon-to-arrive, daughter Ashley! CONGRATS Kristen!

Front: Stefanie, Whitney, Kristen, Kristie - Back: Nicole, Andrea, Laura And as an added bonus, at the end of the shower, Stef & Laura both announced that they are expecting! And due 1 day apart!!! June 1st & 2nd! YEA!!!! Congrats to both of you as well! Also, Whitney's adoption is moving along quickly and we are all hoping and praying that she'll have her beautiful baby boy home with her soon! ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- And something else I just wanted to add as a side note, Connor is starting to try to say "ma ma ma ma ma". Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part, but either way, it's too cute! Here's a little video that I was able to catch of him doing it for the first time.
No comments:
Post a Comment