Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Doctor Visit

Yesterday I had a doctor's appointment to check on the baby. It was just a normal check up to see how the pregnancy is progressing -- they weighed me (I've gained weight, but after losing so much in the first trimester, I'm actually happy about that!) The doctor then measured my tummy. This involves measuring from the top of my tummy, straight down to the bottom -- the measurement should be (in cm) about what week I am in. Well, this coming Friday I will be 35 weeks but the baby is measuring at 37. The doctor told me that she wants to do a sonogram just to check out how baby Connor is growing and to make sure that there is nothing to be concerned about. Then we got to listen to the baby's heartbeat which has been and continues to be a steady 140bmp. :-) Connor did decide to try and trick my doctor when she was listening to the heartbeat -- he kept trying to wiggle away from her. (Sneaky lil' guy!)

So, next week I have 2 doctor's appointments. The first is on Tuesday -- another check-up to see how the baby's doing and they are going to check my cervix for the first time to see if it has started to dialate or thin at all. And they are going to run some normal 'cultures' (ie: giant cotton swab they test). Then on Thursday I'll be going back for a sonogram to check and see why the baby is measuring so big now. He's always been slightly ahead of what-ever week I'm on, but never more than a week ahead.

Last night Ronnie was being really sweet to me and baby Connor -- he even kept rubbing my tummy and talking to Connor. He was telling him that he'd better be okay and that we were going to take good care of him. :-) It was really sweet. And when we went to bed, Ronnie had his hand on my tummy while he was talking to Connor and the baby kept kicking his daddy back in response. Connor was feeling super-active and kept 'playing' (aka: kicking) so Ronnie would push in a little and Connor would push back out at him. It was really cute though I still think Connor is practicing to be a baby ninja!! HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment